Joshua 1:9

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you may go. Joshua 1:9

Thursday, February 9, 2012

"EQ"

I walked up to the boys toddler house; the house mother (who will now be called Ann though I don't know her real name) was talking to someone when I approached. "Can I help you today?" I asked. Her eyes grew big, jaw dropped. "ME? You want to help ME?" (insert smiley face here...being where you are wanted and appreciated feels so good) 
She led me in where it was potty time in the house. And I quickly realized most everyone was wearing the exact same outfit...now I'm really going to have to be creative telling them apart! Ann directed two little boys in my direction and instructed them to stay with me. I never got the name of the little boy with scar on his forehead, but I did get the other who I'll call EQ. That's what it sounds like at least. The boys held tight to my hand and led me around the play ground. We found some animal statues and climbed on top. There I taught them "high five"; they caught on quick. We walked till we saw another volunteer doling out balloons and joined in.
After a bit of balloon play EQ grabbed my hand and led me away from the group. I suggested various play things but could tell he was looking for something. Something important. Ahh, he saw what he wanted and quickly led me over. A porch swing. After I sat down he climbed on my lap and I held him close while swinging and singing "I love you a bushel and a peck". He was so quiet and so calm, just soaking it in. Holding my arm, snuggling close, and hoping it could last forever. 
Me too EQ, me too.
It was then I looked at his hands and noticed he has a "thumb sucker callous" that looks just like my Bee's. Talk about pulling my heart strings. Right then I knew I'd never forget this little boy. And the porch swing he took me to? That's the area where adoptive parents sit and meet their kids. Yeah, I didn't realize this till after the fact. Precious boy. Dear God, please bring EQ home. Please bring his family soon. Godly parents to love him and hold him close on the swing singing "I love you".

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you are there to hold them and rock them. He will remember, forever the kind lady that rocked him and sang to him.

    ReplyDelete