Joshua 1:9

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you may go. Joshua 1:9

Thursday, January 5, 2012

The Hill Tribes People

My uncle was invited up into the far hill tribes area to visit the mother of a church member who passed away last summer and to pray with a 90 year old Christian man. He told us this was quite an honor as this was his first time to ever go that far out in the 18 years he's been here.
It brought back so many memories of my childhood running around in the villages my dad would take us to on his trips into the bush. I remember running around under the houses up on stilts and bare dirt beneath my feet or how it felt to walk on the bamboo straw floor of those homes. And watching an elder woman cook over a small fire and wondering why it wasn't burning through the floor. It was such an honor and blessing to me to be there.
Enjoy the pics...
This did not look like a road, nor did it look possible to get our SUV up to the top. But my uncle is a very good driver. =)
Following a Hen and her chicks
Rice fields
I will never complain about my kitchen again...

No comments:

Post a Comment