Joshua 1:9

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you may go. Joshua 1:9

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Service Project

I had the opportunity to visit an all girls orphanage on Sunday with the church we're attending here. It's taken me a few days trying to decide what I would say about that afternoon. My heart has always been pulled toward orphans; one verse my Dad shared often was the verse "care for the widow and orphans". I'm also halfway through Kisses From Katie which I challenge you to read and then do something to make a difference in the life/lives of the orphaned and fatherless.
This home is 45 min from where we are staying. When we arrived we all gathered in a large room where we had singing, group games, story time, and a prayer before breaking up into three groups and rotating through stations of bible lesson, crafts, and outdoor games.
I didn't take many pictures because I didn't want to make them even more shy with some white girl snapping pictures. So here are just a few along with a video of singing that gave me the goosebumps.

No comments:

Post a Comment