Joshua 1:9

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you may go. Joshua 1:9

Saturday, April 21, 2012

If you asked me...



If you asked me...
I would tell you that these last 5 weeks have been rough.
Really rough.
My husband and best friend is on the other side of the world.
And Skype is not an even close replacement.

If you asked, I would tell you that Bee's behavior lately has been the worst ever of her entire life.
Throwing fits of epic proportion, arms flailing, screaming spitting, 
the whole 9 yards.
And I know it's because she doesn't have her Daddy.
Yesterday during a rough patch I asked her to come sit with me.
"But Momma, I just want my Daddy!"
I know baby, me too.
I'm so thankful our time apart is almost over. 
Just 3 days till we leave Thailand, 4 till we see Daddy.
But, if you asked, I would also tell you, she has the sweetest moments.
Like waking up at 3 in morning being restless, I asked her if she was ok.
"I just need to be closer to you Momma"
So we snuggled even closer.

If you asked, I would tell you I'm learning to trust.
In God.
That He has a plan for us even when things seem bleak.
Plans to prosper and not to harm.
To bring us a future and a hope.
Whatever or wherever that may be.
And being so very thankful and grateful for all He has given us.
For the people He's used to bless us.
And knowing His timing is perfect in things.

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment